It is the first step of your registration. This procedure may allow you to obtain a visa “D” “validité carte de séjour”, if you are not a European citizen. You must be at least 18 years old.
- See the calendar 2017/2018 or the calendar 2018/2019 for dates and deadlines…
- Fill in the the the preliminary registration form :
- Print it.
- Send it with a cheque through your local bank , payable to the Université of Poitiers, to the CFLE of Poitiers or pay on line at the following address : http://paiementenligne.univ-poitiers.fr/cfle/
As soon as we receive your cheque you will be sent a registration certificate which may be required by the cultural services of the French Embassy in your country to obtain a long-stay visa.
If you need a long-stay visa, contact the cultural services of the French Embassy before sending any money*.
Refund Once a deposit has been cashed, no refund can be obtained unless you can produce the original notification of a visa refusal from the French Embassy. This should be done at the latest 2 weeks before the beginning of the course. Do not forget to mention the address of your bank and your account number in your country. An amount of 50 € will be retained for bank and administration charges.
Remember that your registration can be postponed until the following term.
Final registration : what documents should I take with me ?
- 2 birth certificates translated into French ;
- 1 identity photo ;
- a cheque from a French bank, international credit card or cash in Euro, for the registration fees (i.e what is still due)
- your diplomas (translated either into French or English) needed for entry into the universities in your country.
- your heath record and your vaccination record.
They will be useful to obtain a Student Card which gives access to the cinema, university restaurants, and buses at reduced rates.
If you do not have these diplomas, you will receive a Study Card instead.
However, you must be aware that “secondary school leaving certificate” may not be regarded as an equivalent of the French baccalaureat by the French administration.
Can I fail the language test ?
No ! The test is by no means an examination. Its purpose is only to determine your level of French and place you in the most appropriate group. Note that attendance to the placement test is compulsory.
When will I be fully registered ?
After taking the test, you will be given an appointment to complete registration. Do not forget to bring the documents mentioned above .